Learn to make, market and sell jewelry.
Turn your handcrafted jewelry creations into money.
Start your journey here as you learn how to transform your hobby into a successful and rewarding jewelry business.

The Start of Ornatia

I'm excited about my new blog featuring jewelry projects, jewelry book reviews, instructions and how-to articles for making jewelry, and pictures of my Ornatia jewelry designs.

For three years I designed and made jewelry, mostly necklaces, for men and women. I sold my jewelry online at Rubylane and on eBay. I specialized in rustic necklaces, anklets, bracelets and earrings.

My big surprise? My most avid customers were men. I sold so many men's necklaces, I was stunned. Guys really liked my designs. Although some of my designs are indisputably feminine, others are gender neutral...and others really are for men, and only men. Maybe that's what they liked about them.

And then my personal life intruded. I got married, got a full-time day job, got pregnant, and I no longer had time or opportunity to make jewelry anymore. I closed my small business selling jewelry online, and the jewelry I made is stored away, waiting for the chance to be seen again...someday.

My first love is writing. But I still love doing what I did a few years ago. My husband suggested just the other day that I revisit my hobby. And that's what I'm doing, through this blog.

I hope you'll join me as I post jewelry projects and how-tos. The jewelry I make is simple. Almost literally, anyone can do it. If you have an interest in crafts, in design, in beading, and especially in turning that interest into cash, I hope to provide valuable information for you. If you want to make money selling jewelry online or in the crafts circuit, there are so many opportunities now, even in our challenging economy.

Of course, if you're in it for the hobby, for the art, or just to put something gorgeous around your neck and dangle on your ears, I think you'll find a lot here, too.

Join me and have fun. And let me know what you think about the blog. I can always use your feedback!

Note: The blog owner may be compensated for the content of this article. See the full disclosure statement regarding compensation in compliance with FTC guidelines.

No comments:

Here on the Ornatia Blog...

  • Get tips on marketing, selling, and running your small business selling handcrafted jewelry online.
  • Learn where to buy sterling silver and jewelry supplies and get the best wholesale prices for handcrafted beads.
  • View instructions for jewelry projects and tutorials by jewelry designer Ornatia.
  • Get inspired by photos of artisan necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and anklets.
  • Start here for all the tips you need to get your artisan jewelry business off the ground and running!
  • Learn how to turn your craft hobby into something that can help you make money.
  • Learn how to work with sterling silver wire and other jewelry making materials.

Bali silver necklace for men

Citrine and amber teardrop anklet

Lapis lazuli wire wrapped necklace

Bamboo coral turquoise teardrop anklet

Red jasper snowflake obsidian necklace

Leopardskin jasper and turquoise necklace

Sleeping Beauty turquoise bracelet

Pink coral necklace with Sleeping Beauty Turquoise and Bali sterling silver

Freshwater pearl and sterling silver flower ladies necklace

blue coral sterling silver toggle necklace

Fossil agate coin and Hill Tribe silver necklace