I'm excited about my new blog featuring jewelry projects, jewelry book reviews, instructions and how-to articles for making jewelry, and pictures of my Ornatia jewelry designs.
For three years I designed and made jewelry, mostly necklaces, for men and women. I sold my jewelry online at Rubylane and on eBay. I specialized in rustic necklaces, anklets, bracelets and earrings.
My big surprise? My most avid customers were men. I sold so many men's necklaces, I was stunned. Guys really liked my designs. Although some of my designs are indisputably feminine, others are gender neutral...and others really are for men, and only men. Maybe that's what they liked about them.
And then my personal life intruded. I got married, got a full-time day job, got pregnant, and I no longer had time or opportunity to make jewelry anymore. I closed my small business selling jewelry online, and the jewelry I made is stored away, waiting for the chance to be seen again...someday.
My first love is writing. But I still love doing what I did a few years ago. My husband suggested just the other day that I revisit my hobby. And that's what I'm doing, through this blog.
I hope you'll join me as I post jewelry projects and how-tos. The jewelry I make is simple. Almost literally, anyone can do it. If you have an interest in crafts, in design, in beading, and especially in turning that interest into cash, I hope to provide valuable information for you. If you want to make money selling jewelry online or in the crafts circuit, there are so many opportunities now, even in our challenging economy.
Of course, if you're in it for the hobby, for the art, or just to put something gorgeous around your neck and dangle on your ears, I think you'll find a lot here, too.
Join me and have fun. And let me know what you think about the blog. I can always use your feedback!
Note: The blog owner may be compensated for the content of this article. See the full disclosure statement regarding compensation in compliance with FTC guidelines.
Here on the Ornatia Blog...
- Get tips on marketing, selling, and running your small business selling handcrafted jewelry online.
- Learn where to buy sterling silver and jewelry supplies and get the best wholesale prices for handcrafted beads.
- View instructions for jewelry projects and tutorials by jewelry designer Ornatia.
- Get inspired by photos of artisan necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and anklets.
- Start here for all the tips you need to get your artisan jewelry business off the ground and running!
- Learn how to turn your craft hobby into something that can help you make money.
- Learn how to work with sterling silver wire and other jewelry making materials.
Shop for Jewelry Supplies and Books
Shop the Ornatia Jewelry Supply Store at Amazon.com for jewelry selling books, sterling silver sheet, findings, beads, jewelry making tools, and other jewelry supplies.
Shop the Ornatia Jewelry Making Supply A-Store
Shop the Ornatia Jewelry Supply Store at Amazon.com. Ornatia has assembled useful products for those making and selling jewelry, including jewelry selling books, sterling silver sheet, findings, beads, jewelry making tools, and other jewelry supplies.